If you own a classic car, you have probably thought of insuring it. However, you might have wondered if you need traditional auto insurance or separate classic car insurance. As Insurancewide Company LLC explains, classic car insurance differs from usual auto insurance because, with time, classic cars rise in value. Like most people, Phoenix, AZ residents might also be unsure of the eligibility for classic car insurance. Here is what you need to know
The Eligibility of the Car
- It needs to be 25 years or more.
- Modern muscle car
- Modified car
Most likely, your car may have to meet other requirements such as;
- Be in good condition
- Parked in a secure place like a carport, enclosed garage, or any other approved storage structure
- Not used to the usual daily errands like going to work
- Should not be used in car races
- Should not be driven for specific miles in a year. (Depends on one’s insurer)
The Eligibility of a Driver
As the driver of a classic car, you also need to meet certain qualifications for classic car insurance. Some of those qualifications include;
- You should be 25 years old at least.
- Hold a good driving record with at least 5-10 years of driving experience.
- Own another vehicle that you use for a regular commute to work, school, or other destinations.
- Agree you will not use the car to race
In short, for your car to qualify for classic car insurance, there needs to be something special about it, like advanced age and high value. This policy also offers similar coverage to traditional auto insurance, including liability auto insurance, collision and comprehensive insurance, and uninsured motorist coverage. It can also have other optional coverage depending on your needs.
Residents of Phoenix, AZ, looking to insure their classic cars can reach out to Insurancewide Company LLC. We will help tailor a policy that suits your needs.