Your home is one of your biggest assets. We at Insurancewide Company, LLC in Phoenix, AZ love to prioritize your home insurance needs.
Avoiding Water Damage
Flooding or water seepage can damage your house. A few simple steps can help you avoid or limit water damage.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean: Gutters gather rainwater from your roof and direct them into the downspouts. Together, they help to direct water out and away from the foundation of your house. When gutters are clogged, water spills over and weakens the soil around the house, which over time will lead to water seepage into the foundation walls. Cleaning gutters and downspouts periodically can prevent this costly damage.
- Replace caulking: Check windows and doors for broken or missing caulking. Fill in cracks to avoid water leakage through windows and doors.
- Check pipes for leakage: Regularly inspect pipes and drains for leakage. Undetected leaks can cause water to accumulate.
- Inspect appliances that use water: Nothing is more frustrating than running your dishwasher or washing machine before going shopping and returning to find your house filled with water. If you install or move appliances, ensure the inlet and outlet water pipes are connected correctly. Seek professional help if you find a clog in an outlet pipe or water accumulation around an appliance.
- Ensure the sump pump works: The sump pump turns on a motor to pump out water in case of flooding inside or outside your house. Make sure that the sump pump is in working condition.
Though you cannot be prepared for everything in life, finding the right insurance gives you one less thing to worry about. At Insurancewide Company, LLC in Phoenix, AZ, we work with you to find the home insurance that is right for you.